How likely are you to doze off or fall asleep in the following situations, in contrast to feeling just tired?
This refers to your usual way of life in recent times. Even if you have not done some of these things recently try to work out how they would have affected you. Use the following scale to choose the most appropriate number for each situation:
0 = no chance of dozing
1 = slight chance of dozing
2 = moderate chance of dozing
3 = high chance of dozing
SITUATION CHANCE OF DOZING
- Sitting and reading ____________
- Watching TV ____________
- Sitting inactive in a public place (e.g a theater or a meeting) ____________
- As a passenger in a car for an hour without a break ____________
- Lying down to rest in the afternoon when circumstances permit ____________
- Sitting and talking to someone ____________
- Sitting quietly after a lunch without alcohol ____________
- In a car, while stopped for a few minutes in traffic ____________
- To check your sleepiness score, total the points
Check your total score to see how sleepy you are.
1 – 6 Congratulations, you are getting enough sleep!
7 – 8 Your score is average
9+ Seek the advice of a sleep specialist without delay
Aldon J Hilton D.D.S